Along with the beautiful weather, cottage weekends, and fun time with family and friends, summer often usually comes with a bunch of weddings. We have two this summer to go to, and I’m always on the hunt for fun personalized gift ideas. Most people do registries these days (which I think are great since you can buy the couple things they really need!), but I often like to include something else that’s unique and a little special.
I have been finding some cute ideas on Pinterest lately (you can follow me here), so thought I would share ‘em with you!
1. Adorable newlywed tea towel by Anthropologie. This would be so sweet either framed or just used in the kitchen. http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/shopgifts-event-2/24679102.jsp
2. I love these Mr. and Mrs. cocktail glasses. Perfect to toast to your new married life. http://store03.prostores.com/servlet/furbishstudioonline/the-551/Mr.-and-Mrs-Cocktail/Detail
3. A sweet DIY idea is an etched glass baking dish. Personalize it with names, a favourite quote, wedding date, whatever! http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/06/glass-etching.html
4. This “I do, Me too” fork set is ultra cute. I would love to open my kitchen drawer and see these poking out, reminding me of that lovely wedding day (especially when you’re having a not-so-smooth marital day!). These hand-stamped beauties are from etsy. http://www.etsy.com/listing/93233587/i-do-me-too-fork-set-1847-rogers-bros?ref=v1_other_1
5. A fabulous idea for the couple who might have everything is a set of pre-paid date nights. Do one for each month of their first year married. You can customize the dates to suit the couple – movie passes, zip-lining passes, spa certificates, picnic spots, hike suggestions, whatever! http://shannonbrown.typepad.com/life_in_general/2011/01/lets-go-on-a-date-january.html
6. Instead of the usual poster with names and wedding date, how about GPS coordinates and wedding date? A fun, personalized piece of art. http://www.etsy.com/listing/67181134/a4-personalized-coordinate-print-green
7. Do the couple like to bake? How about a personalized utensil holder with one of their favourite recipes painted on? http://cally-cruze.blogspot.ca/2010/05/favorite-recipe-utensil-crock_20.html
8. If they are wine-drinkers, this gift idea is definitely a winner. Three special bottles of wine for their 1st, 3rd, and 5th wedding anniversaries. http://wineforawedding.com/boxes/detail/by-the-numbers
9. And lastly, some personalized ceramic platters. http://www.etsy.com/listing/67127402/set-of-3-serving-platters
Aren’t these fun? Got any other go-to wedding gift ideas that you use? Or maybe a favourite wedding gift that you received? Let me know – I wanna hear about it!