This room is all about colour, sweetness, and fun. I am so happy to have had the chance to do a mint + pink room.
Don’t tell my daughter, but it’s kinda my own dream room ;)
Check the whole scoop on how we pulled together the room with each of the blog posts below.
- The “Before” and Room Moodboard
- Creating the Ice Cream Cone Decal Wall
- Using IKEA Picture Ledges as Bookshelves
- DIY Embroidery Hoop Art
- DIY Felt Raindrop Mobile (from Maya’s original nursery, which I disassembled and re-hung in this room)
- Pink Dresser Makeover
- DIY Wallpapered Closet
- IKEA Latt Table Hack
- IKEA Ribba Picture Frame Hack
- THE BIG REVEAL!
Maya’s Room Sources:
- Urban Walls Decals. I’m obsessed with all the decals from Urban Walls (which is where I got the ice cream cones for this room)!!
- Overdyed Turquoise Rug: Love this style of rug so much. Looks cute but not overly “kid”.
- White Crib: A classic. You can’t go wrong with white! Ours was a gift, but I love the sweet details on this antique style one.
- Pink crib sheets. Love these sweet floral ones, and these heart ones.
- Gold Letters for the Wall. Spell out your kid’s name, or a cute phrase!
- Gold hardware for dresser. Take an old dresser, paint it, and update the hardware with these cool gold campaign style pulls.
- Box Shelves for the walls. Use these to put little trinkets inside. Perfect for a different kind of art display! I used these cube ones and painted them mint, but if I had discovered these little house shelves first I would have used them (SO cute!!!).
- Gold light fixture. Mine was a DIY, but this gold geometric pendant is similar and stunning!
- Paint colours: ‘Flushed’ by Para Paints (pink wall), ‘Baffling Behavior’ by Para Paints (mint closet doors + window trim), Jo Jo Whitewash (white walls)
Get the Look: