When you’re looking for a DIY gift idea, the “movie night in a box” is one that tops my list. I mean, why not give an experience style of gift? Way more fun! This movie night in a box gift is super cute and a way to make memories with your family or friends (because they better be inviting you to the movie night…!).
Movie Night Gift in a Box Supplies
What I love most about this easy DIY gift is that you can easily customize it. Include snacks and treats that your friends and family enjoy to create a unique gift for anyone.
To put this easy gift box together, you’ll need:
- A sturdy box. Make sure the box you choose can hold the weight of all your movie night supplies to ensure it doesn’t fall apart before you give the gift.
- Filler paper. Paper shreds are a great choice for gift boxes because it helps you fill up the unused space in your box. Tissue paper is another good option for box filler when creating this gift.
- Clear treat bags. Instead of filling your gift box with bags and boxes of treats, dress up the gift with the help of clear treat bags.
- Printable Gift Tag. Download my free printable gift tag to dress up your gift in a box.
- Ribbon. Use ribbon to add a pop of color to your box and to decorate each of your treat bags.
- Movie night snacks. The most important element of this gift box is the treats inside. My movie night in a box included popcorn kernels, movie theater butter salt, and three different kinds of candy. I also added some individual popcorn boxes so everyone can enjoy their own treats. Other fun box ideas could include holiday movies or gift card to a streaming service, various seasoning salts and oils, or homemade movie tickets.
How to Make a Movie Night in a Box:
Once you have all your supplies gathered up, you can start putting your box together. The good news is that making this gift is so easy!
Start by filling your box with your filler material. If you’re using paper shreds, make sure to pull the paper pieces apart to fluff them up and expand them across the entire box.
When your box is ready, start filling up your treat bags. Place the popcorn kernels and candy in the bags, then trim the top of the bags, if needed. After that, all that’s left to do is decorate the top of each bag with a bow.
If you’re using seasoning salt or oil, try pouring them into clear glass containers or shakers. You can find small jars and spice shakers at the dollar store to use in your own gift box.
Arrange your treat bags in the box to create a pretty display, then place the lid on top. Wrap a piece of ribbon around the outside of the box to hold the lid in place.
Then, print out your gift tag on cardstock and cut it out around the border:
Sign your name on the back of the card, then punch a hole in the corner and tie it to the top of your gift box.
This gift box is perfect for families or any movie lover!
Pin for Later!