If you’re looking for a high protein, carb-free, nutritious snack (that even the kids will love!) then these zucchini tuna cakes are perfect.
Easy to throw together and the perfect way to use up a zucchini you might have in your fridge that you don’t know what to do with!
Zucchini Tuna Cakes Recipe:
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Serving size: 1 cake
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded and liquid pressed out
- 12-14 oz of tuna (6 of the small cans)
- ⅓ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
How to make zucchini tuna cakes:
- Preheat the oven to 370 F and line a baking rack onto a baking sheet (like this one). If you don’t have a baking rack, place them directly onto a baking sheet and flip the cakes carefully halfway through.
- Shred zucchini and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add tuna, shredded zucchini, breadcrumbs, egg yolks, onion and garlic powder, and salt.
- Knead with your hands, integrating all the ingredients.
- Grab about ⅓ cup of mixture and make a ball with your hand, flatten them a little to make patties, place it onto a baking rack. (tip: spray baking rack with oil in spray to prevent the patties from sticking)
- Repeat the process until you utilize all the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then broil for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven carefully, serve warm.
They come out of the oven looking seriously tasty! Eat them warm with a dollop of greek yogurt and fresh lemon. Delicious!
Want more recipes?