Who doesn’t love making fun pancake shapes? My kids LOVE it on Saturday mornings when we make pancakes and whip out some fun animals or little scenes.
A recent fave? Rainy day pancakes!
Unlike the ones where you need to buy special cookie cutters or gadgets off Amazon, you can make these cute umbrella pancakes with any regular circular cookie cutter, some blueberries for the umbrella handle, and fun sprinkles!
Keep reading for the full how-to.
Rainy Day Pancakes Ingredients List:
Here is everything you need to make these pancakes from scratch. If you want to just use boxed pancake mix, go for it!
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 3 3⁄4 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 + 1/6 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- additional butter or oil of choice for frying pancakes
- fresh blueberries
- *optional: confectioners sugar
Makes 20-30 small pancakes
- small circular cookie cutter less than 2” wide
- Place eggs and sugar in mixing bowl and beat until blended well.
- Warm milk to body temp and blend half of it into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Gradually whip in cake flour.
- Mix in heavy cream.
- On low speed, gradually add remaining ingredients (milk, salt, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Let batter rest while preparing toppings and homemade whipping cream.
- Fry pancakes in well greased skillet.
How to Make the Umbrella Pancake Shapes:
OK these are super simple to make.
- Cutout half circles with cookie cutter on one end of each pancake. Line up blueberries in the shape of an umbrella handle.
- An optional step is to create little raindrops with whipping cream on the umbrella shaped pancake.
- Add sprinkles to the umbrella tops.
- Add your blueberry handle!
Aren’t they so cute? Enjoy!