Everyone loves chips, but obviously they aren’t the healthiest choice. One of my fave substitutions that still packs that salty crunch are sweet potato chips. We eat these pretty regularly and the kids LOVE them. Either as a side dish or in place of nachos (they are amazing with fresh guacamole!). Sweet potatoes are packed with tons of vitamins and are a complex carbohydrate, which are filling and good for you.
- 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Cilantro (dried)
- 1 teaspoon of Parmesan Cheese
- 3 to 4 Sweet Potatoes (diced really thinly)
Sweet Potato Chips Recipe:
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees, and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine olive oil, salt, cilantro, and parmesan cheese into a bowl.
- Toss the sweet potatoes in the bowl with a fork.
- Arrange on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake them on each side for about 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to broil until chips become crispy, and remove.
- If you want to eat them with a dip, salsa or fresh guacamole are amazing with them.