I’ve got such a good DIY for you today! If you need to make DIY place card holders for your wedding OR if you want a super cute way to display photos around your home – these wooden ones are amazing. I tried out making some DIY wooden photo holders and I’m OBSESSED. They have that modern, minimalist, scandinavian vibe that I love and were super easy to pull off. Keep reading for the how-to tutorial!
DIY Place Card Holder Supplies:
These minimalist place card or photo holders are pretty simple to make. Yep, you’ll need to use power tools, but they will only take a few minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Small wood balls with flat bottoms (these right here). You make these using wooden ball knobs. These knobs were perfect for place card or photo holders because they’re round on top with a flat bottom, making it easy to set them upright on a flat surface. You can find ball knobs in the wood aisle of your favorite craft store. There are lots on Amazon here.
- Table saw. The easiest way to cut your wooden holders is with a table saw. But you could use a hand saw if you have a little bit of patience!
- Photos or Place Cards. Once you have your photo holders finished, you’ll need something to put in them! Gather up your favorite photos to display using your wood photo stands. These mini stands are perfect for holding up small photos, like 4×6 or 5×7 prints. Or use them for the place cards at your wedding or event.
How to Make DIY Place Card Holders:
One you have your supplies gathered up, it’s time to get crafting! Luckily, this project is so easy to make, so you can have a beautiful photo display in under five minutes.
Start by placing your wooden balls on your table saw, centered under the blade. If you feel comfortable using the table saw, simply hold the knob in place on the side and pull the saw blade down. Otherwise, use a grip to hold the ball in place.
Once you have your ball centered, pull the blade down into the wood, making sure to only saw halfway through the ball. If you cut any further than halfway, you risk breaking the ball in half. Repeat the process on each ball until you have enough photo holders for all your pictures.
Place Card and Photo Holder Ideas:
These quick and easy stands are so simple to make, which means you’ll want to make them over and over again! Use these place card holder ideas to change up the look of your wedding or your home decor:
- Paint or stain the wood to give your photo stands a more unique look
- Use scrap lumber to create different shapes, like squares and rectangles
- Create a unique photo display by using different heights and shapes of wood
- Cut larger pieces of wood to display bigger photos
More DIY Wood Projects You Need to Try!
- Wood Bead Garland with Tassels
- Painted Wood Tray
- DIY Wood Shelf
- DIY Wood headboard
- Personalized Wood Crayon Holder
- Jewelry Hanger using Driftwood
Pin for Later!